Monday, November 17, 2003

adjustments

I went to the clinic center to see Shane, the audiologist. I signed in and all. Waited and waited and waited. My appointment was 11:00 and I didn't see Shane until like 11:20ish. Someone else was in with him, someone I KNOW! This guy used to be the janitor for the deaf school.
Anyway, turns out Shane's office had moved! yeah. and he's now using the Dell Ispirion 2560 or whatever the numbers are, notebook for programming hearing aids instead of the Dell desktop. Interesting yes. He got my hearing aid hooked up to the notebook, then looked at the tubing. He asked "how old is this tubing?" and I just shrugged haha. He changed it quickly, and we got to reprogramming. At first EVERYTHING was messed up and too damn quiet. So Shane went over to the desktop, printed off some stuff from my files that are still on that comp, then put them into the notebook. He kept messing with the volume and all, and finally we got somewhere. Everything's a bit louder, and basically, the volume for my hearing aid, according to the program on the notebook, is maxed out or whatever. HAH! But hopefully I can hear the emergency vehicles as I drive now. Crazy!

No comments: