Friday, July 27, 2012

I heard my watch tick!

After seeing some of the discussions from some Deaf folks on Tumblr (some of them have recently gotten cochlear implants), talking of what sounds they never heard before or don't remember hearing.... microwave going, clocks ticking, etc... someone even mentioned a watch ticking.  That got me thinking. I have a watch! I should see if I can hear it.

So today, I picked up my watch off my desk, held it up to the T-Mic on my Harmony processor, and waited. At first I didn't hear anything.  But I kept trying, and soon enough I heard a quiet "tick, tick, tick..."  Whoa!!!! Amazing! I got all excited and kept listening to the ticking for a few minutes.  Wow. I have NEVER heard a watch ticking, so it was a pretty exciting moment.

1 comment:

Herding Grasshoppers said...

That's awesome! I'll have to ask Tate if he can hear a clock or watch ticking :D

Julie