Thursday, August 21, 2014

Hear in the Dark 5K: a success!

The Hear in the Dark 5k was held on August 15 (last Friday), and it was a great success!  I don't know how many participants there were this year, but a bunch!  It's was another fun night for all, for sure.  Schwan's was available to sell frozen treats, and a farming group were also available, selling drinks and food.  There were bounce houses and face painting for the kids.  I helped at the registration table, which was quite busy!  Runners started running at around 8:30 if I remember that right, with walkers following suit.  It was a long walk, but it was fun!  I had fun passing people on the path and checking out their glowy decor (light up wigs or hair strands, glow sticks/bracelets/necklaces, etc.). It was great!  I had a lot of fun getting myself glowy for the 5K, and even found a use for the finger lights that I still had from last year's 5K.... I put them on my ears!  There are elastic bands attached to the finger lights, so I put one on my Harmony CI processor, and one on my Phonak hearing aid, and voila!  Lit up ears!  I thought that was great and wish I had thought of it last year!

my stash before I headed out to the park


school mascots dancing and having fun!


finger light on my Harmony

both ears lit up!

ready to walk!


the line of walkers



during the walk, runners passing us by

I followed these two girls for a while

green glowy wig, I thought it was neat

at the half-way point


two girls chained themselves together with their glow sticks

a small foot print on the path

more prints!

one of the signs

Run Forrest, RUN!


after the walk, cleaning up.











my glowy stash

the number of steps I made all day Aug. 15! shew!

I had some pictures that I took with my Canon powershot camera, but unfortunately, the SD card that was in it is busted (as in I can't use it anymore, computer won't even format it).  Darn it!  But I did get some good shots with my Sony Handycam, so it's all good!  Even got some video footage, which I will upload to youtube at some point.

No comments: