Friday, January 8, 2010

Earmolds, BAH!

I am so anti-earmolds right now. My ear's all irritated and slightly sore, which has been happening far too frequently. I'm sick of it! No matter what I do, my ear only stays better for a day or 2 before it starts getting irritated again. Grumble grumble grumble! I did email the local audie about it, mentioning I want to get a new mold made. Haven't gotten a response back from him yet. I just may go the whole weekend with the hearing aid off! I haven't even bothered to put it on today either. I stuck the hearing aid in my pocket and went to work. No one needed to talk to me so great!


Still no word about the implant appeal yet. Did email the AB Insurance Reimbursement person and got a quick response from her, saying she'd look into it. Haven't heard back from her in a couple of days now.

3 comments:

Megan said...

When my earmold was bothering me late last year my audiologist made me silicone molds. They're really nice and breathe well! Good luck with yours!

Anonymous said...

My son has really senstive skin and had lots of problems. We ended up with silicon molds with a small air exchange hole in them. The hole is held open with a small tube. It allows air and moisture to pass through without affecting feedback.

Meghan said...

I can't have a hole in my earmold... tried it, and all I get is constant feedback 24/7 no matter what. I've tried this a couple of different times with 2 different earmolds made of different materials and same results. ah well.