Friday, February 12, 2010

Hearing Aids for Africa/African Hope Initiative

I have some friends that are part of the African Hope Initiative, helping the deaf kids in Africa (they actually went out to Africa in November to see how the construction of the deaf school was coming along, meet the kids, and speak with their parents). I think it's great they're part of this, and I want to be involved as well. So my project for the Initiative is to collect used hearing aids which will be donated to the deaf kids in Africa. I got a PO Box so people can send their used hearing aids, and I'll give them to my friend and she'll make sure they're fixed and working properly before donating them to the deaf African kids.

If any of you here have used hearing aids, or know of anyone who has some laying around and have no clue what to do with them, and don't mind giving them up... send them my way!

Hearing Aids for Africa
PO Box 50761
Casper, WY 82605



the PO Box isn't that big (about the size of a 3-inch 3-ring binder that's full? something like that).

If you want more info about the African Hope Initiative, they have a website and a facebook page.
http://www.africanhopeinitiative.org
http://www.facebook.com/pages/African-Hope-Initiative/212448954922

No comments: