Wednesday, August 22, 2007

ooo what did I just find tonight?

HOLY CRAP! I can't believe I actually found my left hearing aid! Wow, after all this time.. We've been living in this house for more than 3 years now, and just tonight I found my left hearing aid.

I only started wearing a hearing aid in my left ear again after the CI audiologist, Allison Biever (she works for Rocky Mountain CI Center in Denver), told me I should wear it to keep the nerve and whatnot stimulated, whether or not I could hear anything. She told me this at the CNI Cochlear Kids Camp in 2003, so I started to wear a hearing aid again after getting a mold made for the left ear. But Like oh maybe after a few months, I stopped wearing it again. And after graduating high school, my mom and I moved in with her boyfriend, and all of my junk got misplaced or put away.

I was rather surprised to see the old purple hearing aid with the left earmold, sitting in the small bowl that I had made in pottery class, in a gift bag. Wow. Unbelievable. At least I have the hearing aid back again. But will I wear it again? I don't know. We'll see.

No comments: