Thursday, May 8, 2008

Hearing Aid Day!

Got the new Naida hearing aid today. Everything does sound a bit more quiet than usual, but I am hearing. Everything sounds different as well, more lower pitched and such. Already mom says I sound different when I talk, not as high pitched. Will see the audie again on Monday, make sure everything's working ok, and he'll make more adjustments as necessary too. Will probably also have him make a new earmold as well, as mine is kind of funky (he says he'll also throw in the new mold with the price). As for using the FM system that I had gotten with the Claro digital hearing aid 7 years ago, I don't think it's going to work with the new hearing aid. It didn't list the T-Mic transmitter in the computer at all when the audie was setting up the new hearing aid. I kind of figured that though, as the T-Mic is pretty old and Phonak doesn't seem to be making them anymore really. Will definitely do some playing around over the weekend, see what sort of adjustments need to be made, etc. One thing that is REALLY nice though, is way far LESS feedbacking when I put my hand up to the hearing aid, as compared to the Supero. Real nice, not having that annoying feedback.

Will definitely have to do some playing around with different settings and such over the weekend, and take note of what I think needs to be adjusted. The new mypilot remote is pretty nice. I've already played around with it. The hearing aid plays a little tune when I change settings on it. I have no clue how to change the settings on the hearing aid yet, as Phonak was completely out of the Naida booklets, so I don't have a copy of it yet. But I could always go online and print it off, and I should be getting a copy of the booklet someday soon.

One thing I am noticing, I'm not hearing the electrical sounds here at work (the computer fans and such). I almost always heard it with the Supero, even though audie had played with the different bass levels. And the scanner on the desk next to me, it's not as loud and bothersome right now as it was when I hear it with the Supero hearing aid on. Interesting, very interesting!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I find your blog rather interesting and useful. Hearing aids is still a way out for those who have hearing problems. However, certain people are deprived of a chance to hear the sounds even with the help of hearing aids. I have learned from www.pissedconsumer.com that they are very different and diverse depending on the level of the deafness. There are numerous hearing aids manufacturers in the world which present their products on the US market.