Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Word mix-ups

You know what? Once again, I have gotten 'chicken' and 'tickets' mixed up once again! I was sitting in my step-dad's office with my sister the other day. She was on her computer and had ordered some tickets for a David Cook concert, and said she was just ordering tickets when I asked what she was doing. Of course, I got the confused look on my face again. "Chickens?" I asked her. "No! Tickets for a David Cook show!" Oohh. Whoops. Chickens and tickets do really sound similar, and even look similar on the lips. I mentioned the word mix-up last night to my mom when we were in the backyard on the swinging bench, and she thought it was funny.



And hopefully, I am one step closer to getting the cochlear implant, but we'll see. I'm still figuring things out and trying to make sense of things.

No comments: