Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Interesting...

Well! I decided I was going to vacuum the carpeting throughout most of the house today... I had my iPod on, listening to music as I vacuumed up the dog hair and dog toy guts off the floors. Made my way down the stairs, vacuuming each step. Finally got downstairs and continued with the vacuuming, jamming to the songs on the iPod. Soon enough, anytime my right ear got close enough to the vacuum as I bent over with the hose to suck up any more toy guts and random junk from hard to reach spots, my hearing aid turned off! What the heck was up with that? I have never experienced this before. It did it again a few more times as I finished the vacuuming job. I don't know if it's a telecoil thing and there being something in the vacuum cleaner that messes with it, or if it's the hearing aid in general freaking out. Like I said, never experienced this before. Was quite odd though!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes hearing aids do that when the sound gets too loud for it. Maybe that's it?

CDM said...

But.. I was listening to my ipod, not the vacuum! I was on the telecoil setting. I have no idea, was just weird.